The Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee is established underSection 41 of the Local Government Act, 1999 and Section 101A of the Development Act 1993 which requires Councils to establish a strategic planning and development policy committee.
The purposes of the committee in relation to planning and development and as legislated by the Development Act are:
- To provide advice and recommendations to Council to support the implementation of the Open Space Strategy considering the needs and aspirations of the community while ensuring Open Space does not become a liability to Council.
The Committee’s purpose aligns with themes 4 and 5 of Council’s Strategic Plan:
- Theme 4 – Liveable Neighbourhoods, a range of well-planned neighbourhoods and public space, designed with a strong sense of identity and place.
- Outcome - A well-planned district that meets the current and future needs of the community
- Theme 5 – Progressive Leadership, a well led and managed district supported by a professional approach to managing infrastructure, and the delivery of projects and services to the community.
- Outcome - Sustainable community finances and assets
To download a copy of the Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee terms of reference click the link below:
Strategic Planning and Development Policy Committee Terms of Reference(161 kb)
All members of the Council are members of the Committee. A copy of members is available by clicking here
No items available to list.